How to Install Test Kitchen on Windows
2. Download and install Virtualbox from here: https://www.virtualbox.org/
3. Download and install Ruby from here: http://rubyinstaller.org/ (On the install, select to add this Ruby to your PATH environment variables.)
4. Download and install Vagrant from here: https://www.vagrantup.com/ (On the install, accept all the defaults.) NOTE: You will be required to restart your computer.
5. Verify Ruby Installation: From PowerShell, type
ruby --version to verify your env PATH variables are working correctly.
NOTE: You should get something like this back: ruby 2.0.0p481 (2014-05-08) [i386-mingw32]
6. Install Test Kitchen. From PowerShell, type
gem install test-kitchen - this will install test-kitchen on your machine.
Verify it was installed correctly by using the command
kitchen version - this should show your version.
7. You're ready to start working with Kitchen!